Friday, January 21, 2011

GREAT DANE ... Caroline Wozniacki salutes fans

KENNY DALGLISH is proving a smash hit for Caroline Wozniacki, the world's No 1 female tennis star.

The Dane breezed into the fourth round of the Australian Open here but preferred to talk about Liverpool's latest manager.
Wozniacki, 21, beat Slovakian Dominika Cibulkova 6-4 6-3 before serving a series of aces past pundits who claimed her Press conferences were always boring.
She said: "I find that kind of funny because I always get asked the same questions. So I know what you're going to ask and I'll just start with the answer."
But, after talking about her victory, the Liverpool nut quickly switched sports.
She announced: "I'm hoping that the appointment of Kenny Dalglish will give some positive energy into the guys, into the lads.
"I'm hoping things will turn and they'll start winning more matches.
"It's tough to be a supporter and see them having a hard time.
"But it's a sport, and I'm sure it will turn around sooner or later."
She then outed Andy Murray, the British No 1, as an Arsenal nut even though he says he is an ardent supporter of Hibernian.
Wozniacki added: "I would not ask if he thinks he will win a Grand Slam this year, because he's got asked that quite a few times.
"I know he likes to play PlayStation, so I'd probably ask about that. And about soccer, because I know that he likes Arsenal. No?"
Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic both cruised through but seven-time Slam winner Justine Henin went out.

No comments:

Post a Comment